- Use R2 to adjust the "chase rate".
- You may need to use a lower value resistor if you wish to use blue LEDs. Try 220 Ohm.
- You can also use incandescent lamps instead of LEDs. Use transistors to drive them by connecting the base of the transistors to each of the outputs of the 4017 through a 1K resistor. Connect one end of the lamp to the positive supply. Then connect the other end to the collector of the transistor. The emitter then goes to ground. Depending on the lamps, you may need power transistors that are heat sinked.
- C1 may be replaced with a larger value for a slower "chase rate".
- If you have problems with weird circuit behavior, try replacing R1 with a 33K resistor, and increasing C1 to 1uF.