Charge Port Controller
This device acts as the vehicle when connected to an EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) and negotiates the supply of power.
- Designed to be compatible with IEC61851 Electric Vehicle conductive charging systems and the former SAE J1772 Electric Vehicle Conductive Charge Coupler specification.
- Communication is via Control Pilot (CP) / Proximity (PP)
- Supports locking solenoid (Tested with Duosida DSIEC-EL)
- Based on Microchip dsPIC33EP128GS804 MCU
- 2x CAN2.0B ports to talk to ECUs such as BMS/Charger
- Includes support for SWCAN used by Tesla destination chargers (work in progress)
- Operates from a wide 6.5 to 40V supply (noting input supply feeds solenoid via H-Bridge). Recommended supply is 12/24V depending on locking solenoid.
Open Source Firmware can be found the following GitHub Repository: