NorthSec is the biggest applied security event in Canada, aimed at raising the knowledge and technical expertise of professionals and students alike. We are determined to create a high quality security forum composed of a two day conference featuring the brightest in their field of expertise, followed by an intense 48 hour on-site CTF contest.
The badge is a main part of the experience at Northsec, during the conference it provide access to the event and some customization features. During the CTF, it is part of the CTF scenario and it also have some challenges to collect points for the participants. After the event, the badge is a perfect Nordic Semiconductor nRF52832 developement kit. It features some nice peripheral to experiment with:
- 15 SK6812 LED (Adafruit Neopixels)
- 2 standard LED
- 4 push buttons
- 0.96'' 80x160 ST7735 LCD color display
- BLE antenna
- Adesto AT25SF041 SPI flash memory
Other hardware perks:
- The board also use a STM32F070F6P6 as a black magic probe. It also serve as a USB-UART with the nRF.
- Battery charger and power path for ICR14500 3.7v Li-ion battery
- on/off switch
- SAO port
For more information about the software check our github page: https://github.com/nsec/nsec-badge