Electric Vehicle Battery Management System based on the Analog Devices LTC6813 battery monitor IC and STM32L4 microprocessor.
The aim is to create a BMS that is small enough to suit ebike battery packs, yet powerful enough to be used on full-blown EVs (motorcycles or cars.)
- 12-18 cell operation, with the ability to split off the HV cell monitor (Batter Monitor Board) and expand to hundreds of cells.
- Galvanic isolation between cells and processor.
- 3mV accurate brick voltage sense.
- ?mA accurate pack current sense with shunt.
- 100mA cell balancing current
- 2x thermistor inputs per BMB
- powerful IO: CAN bus, UART, 3x isolated outputs, and simple dash interface (3x leds and switches)
- Built in DC/DC for 8-56V LV supply, directly interface to cells (12s-14s) or to a vehcle LV bus.
- SD card for logging battery performance
This repository contains code, calculations and documentation for the project: https://github.com/jarrod89/uBMS
Project log: https://hackaday.io/project/159341-bms