Many office workers have the same issue nowadays: health problems. It is connected with the fact that all the office employees sit most of the day in front of a computer. The lack of movement results in cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and many related health issues.
A Standing Desk Is a Solution to Many Problems
That’s why a solution is needed that would improve the working conditions of the office workers. One of the solutions that help indeed can be the application of standing desks. Workers can interchange their working place between a common desk and a standing desk. Moreover, standing desks have such advantages as:
● Cost: they are becoming cheaper and cheaper;
● Ergonomics: companies strive to provide the best products. They invest good money into research and development. That’s why the newer standing desks are very convenient and help to maintain a proper posture.
● Height can be adjusted: even though some standing desks are still not adjustable, we recommend selecting an adjustable option. Make sure the height of the typing surface is below the elbows bend.
How to Make a Standing Desk
If you spend a lot of time working at home, you might want to make your own standing desk. For that, it is better to purchase a standing desk system, they are sold by Progressive Automations.
● Start with the tools. You will need a set of wrenches, screwdrivers, and if you are not using a standard top, you might need a screwdriver and wood screws.
● Unpack your standing desk. There should be a tabletop, an adjustable desk frame, a grommet, remote control and accessories to hide the wires if needed.
● Read the installation manual carefully. Move the step by step instruction. Place a desk frame on the floor and start to bind the tabletop. The screws should go in one set with a standing desk.
● Put the top on a soft surface and attach the legs. Attach the crossbars to the legs.
● Install the handset. If you have a custom top, you might need to drill the holes to install it.
● Continue with aligning the crossbars. You shall use the pre-drilled holes on the underside of the top if the top comes in a set. If not, you might need to drill the holes on your own.
● Attach cord trays and connect the power control unit.
● Connect the motor cables, power supply, the handset to the control unit.
Now, just plug your new standing desk into the electrical outlet and start using it!