Summary of ZArdino features:
- through hole construction for easy assembly by anybody
- uses the most common and easily available components for easy construction in South Africa
- option of a power selection switch or a jumper
- option of a DC jack or Phoenix connector for DC power (pads present for both options)
- easily accessible fuse
- you can use ordinary veroboard to make your own shields thanks to the extra digital I/O pads aligned to the standard grid.
- extra digital I/O headers aligned to veroboard and breadboard pitches that can be used for bread board connectivity
There were 80 of these boards produced in 2009/2010.