LM2596 Buck Converter
This is my attempt for a school recruitment project, described below.
To design an electric circuit which takes a 12V input supply and converts into 5V and 3.3V. Minimum output currentrequirement for both 5V and 3.3V is 1A. Isolation and higher current capabilities are favoured within budget allowance. Total component cost should not exceed $10 AUD.
- dig up for theories
- make certain assumptions e.g.
- deployment environment
- pcb manufacturer
- identify the components and the respective operating conditions
- read through the data sheets
- pcb layout
- generate the BOM using Octopart
This is my first time exposure to basic power electronics and pcb design. I have greatly profited by learning from the work, video and product based on:
- Maker: Yannick Verbelen; Project: LM2596 3A Arduino Power Supply
- Maker: Mytch Johnson; Video: CircuitMaker Tutorial PCB
- Company: Itead; Product: Buck Converter Step Down Power Module
- PCB Design Tutorial
- PCB Layout Tips
- PCB Trace Width Calculator
Any comments and suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.