TinnyModBus is a very small 11x26mm reconfigurable atmel attiny85 mcu based micro-module that speaks modbus over rs485 two wires. Source code for the module can be found at: https://github.com/cbalint13/tinnymodbus
- Size is only 11x26 mm including screw sockets
- Can speak modbus with several sensors attached, uses a max487 to communicate
- Have it's own 500mA budget, ESD protected rs485 lines, and reverse-polarity protection
- Can read attached sensor data over 1wire, i2c, spi, but also could do gpio or adc
- Has its own bootloader that speaks modbus and can be reprogrammed right on rs485 wires
- Internal IC metrics like Vcc voltage and SOIC8 temperature are available
- It is designed to cost less than 2 USD
Wiring of TinnyModBus module
Use 4 wires (ideal twisted):
- 2x @ 12/24V remote power
- 2x @ A,B rs485
- i2c (any from /devs drivers)
- 1wire (up to 32 18DS20 temperature sensors)
- or can do gpio or adc
- Active Participants
Are you sure you want to delete this Release?
This action cannot be undone.
Unable to download from CircuitMaker
You cannot download files inside CircuitMaker.
Please, open this page in browser and download file from there.
To copy hyperlink, press Ctrl+C with selected text below: